About Me

My photo
I am a daughter of the King of kings, bookworm, organized, fangirl, writer, smashbooker, and photographer. I love to make and preserve memories!

Tuesday 26 August 2014

Back to School Organization- Inside my backpack

Back to School Organization
What's in my backpack?

As the time for school starting draws near, I want to share with you the way I organize for school so hopefully you can benefit from it.

I want to share with you what is in my backpack this year.

First off, I believe (and am living testimony) that having better (and cuter) supplies can help you get stuff done and feel great! So the first thing in my backpack are adorable Lilly Pullizer binders!


I know some people think it is a little obsessive to have a binder for every subject, but I have found that it helps me keep it all together and in one place, even if that means carrying around a little more.

I may only end up carrying around a folder and notebook (1 per subject) and leaving my binders in my locker.

The next thing in my backpack are notebooks and  file folders.




See how to make washi tape crafts for school like the notebooks shown above here: http://thepreppyprincessdaughteroftheking.blogspot.com/2014/08/6-easy-washi-tape-crafts-you-can-do-for.html

I especially love the "Keep Calm and Study On" notebook. I use it to write down all of my assignments. And another reason I love it is because this is what is says on the back:
Throughout the year I write down all of my to-dos, notes, to buy, gifts, etc. in this handy notebook; It's called the OrganizeHer from Mead:

I think it works better than an agenda.

Another thing I have found incredibly helpful are these daily sticky notes:
I write to-do lists and events on them and can carry them around with me on a book, notebook, binder, etc.

I also carry a clipboard in my backpack because there are some places where you just need an extra keep-it-all-together writing space.


Now onto the real supplies. I have three pouches. These are super handy because that way I don't loose anything in the bottom of my backpack.
 
The first pouch is one I use a lot. It holds my two calculators, a dry highlighter (it's brilliant!) and pencils.



The next pouch holds all of my supplies including post-its, gum, binder clips, a large eraser, a flash drive, a ruler, square paper clips (super cute) and a double pencil sharpener.
 
In the third pouch I have colored pencils, highlighters, sharpies, and colored pens. All extremely helpful notetaking supplies are all in here.
 
In almost every book I have these handy and adorable animal magnetic bookmarkers. (which I found them at Barnes and Noble)

 
Also in my backpack, there is always a good book to read, hand sanitizer, eos lip balm, and sunglasses.



And outside of my backpack I have my lunch bag from Old Navy:
Complete with a matching hand sanitizer holder from Bath and Body Works. It looks like it was crocheted!

No matter where I go, I almost always carry a sweater, camelback water bottle, my agenda, (http://thepreppyprincessdaughteroftheking.blogspot.com/2014/08/inside-of-my-lilly-pulitzer-agenda.html) my never fail grab-and-go bag (http://thepreppyprincessdaughteroftheking.blogspot.com/2014/08/inside-my-on-go-bag-one-day-i-got.html), bath and body works mini hand lotion, bobby pins,http://thepreppyprincessdaughteroftheking.blogspot.com/2014/08/washi-tape-crafts.html)

headphones, my vera bradly wristlet wallet, and my headphones & mp3 player. (http://thepreppyprincessdaughteroftheking.blogspot.com/2014/08/headphone-wrap-and-mp3-player.html)


Last, here is a little craft you can do to make your backpack even better- bow zipper pulls! Easy to make and fun to use, just double-knot them on and use Elmer's Washable Glue. They come right off with some water and a q-tip. (Trust me, I already tried)
 

And it looks super cute!
Thanks for reading!
xoxo
Clare Lauren



No comments:

Post a Comment