About Me

My photo
I am a daughter of the King of kings, bookworm, organized, fangirl, writer, smashbooker, and photographer. I love to make and preserve memories!

Friday 22 August 2014

6 easy Washi tape crafts you can do for school

6 easy Washi tape crafts you can do for school

With the school season starting up (and it already has for many) I wanted to share my favorite Washi tape crafts for school.

I just LOVE Washi tape! It is inexpensive (for what you get out of it) and it can make basically anything cute and decorated.

I have done numerous things with it including decorating my light switch and putting it on the edges of canvases I've painted. And it comes off easily on surfaces! (good thing to tell Moms)

Yet somehow whenever people ask me how I use Washi tape it seems I can never come up with any definite answers. :)

First, here is how I organize my Washi tape. I had a very small collection at first and just shoved them in a drawer (nothing fancy) but now I have some new editions so I put them on a bamboo paper towel rack holder.
 

 
Now onto the real stuff...
Here I'll share some easy ways you, too, can use Washi tape this year for school:

1. Notebooks


The greatest thing is that you can buy really inexpensive notebooks and they still look super adorable! (10 cents for the small ones and much less than that for the small amount of Washi tape I used on this project)


2. Clipboard
 Because why wouldn't you dress up something that you probably use often?
 
3. Pencils


 
 
One of my personal favorites, especially when your pencil match your notebooks which match your clipboard... you just can't help but feel put together and preppy! :)

4. Rulers

 
So my rulers I've had since I was like, 8 years old, and they said "superkid" on them, which I thought was really great! (sarcasm intended) I decided to go for something a little different this year.
 
 
5. Frame a Bulletin Board
I've seen people before put fabric on top of the cork part, but that seems like quite a project! Framing around the outside was easy and adds just the right touch!
 
6. Labels
Works great for making cute and uniform looking binders!
Also great for labeling other things as well, I used mine on my Sharpie markers and I put it inside my books with my name.

 
Freebie- Magazine holder
I've used mine in label spot on a magazine holder (which I don't actually use to hold magazines, usually my planner.) and also on my lamp, pencil cup, and Lilly Pulitzer agenda. (http://thepreppyprincessdaughteroftheking.blogspot.com/2014/08/inside-of-my-lilly-pulitzer-agenda.html)


I hope you enjoyed this post! If you liked this post, then check out my post on What's in my backpack here: (it has a lot o of my washi tape crafts in it)http://thepreppyprincessdaughteroftheking.blogspot.com/2014/08/back-to-school-organization.html
xoxo
Clare Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment